Technology and Teaching

Using technology in everyday lessons

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Conclusion

So the course has ended and this is official my last assignment I will ever have to do (hopefully). Before this course I thought that teaching ICT in classrooms would consist of PowerPoint, Word and standard Internet searches but boy has my view changed. This course has opened my eyes to the numerous tools that teachers can integrate into students learning. I have also learn how much the Internet will change over the years and how important it is to ensure children are exposed to these changes and learn how to use all the tools the web has to offer.

After studying all these tools I can already see some tools I will use in my classes, others I am still a bit hesitant on but the point is, ICT does not have to be a boring mundane exercise. Children are using the Web at home and are already engaging in different programs.

I have used this blog more as a reflective tool. It has been an extremely worthwhile exercise as it makes me sit and think about each tool and how I could use it in a classroom. I have had the opportunity to use these tools, such as wikis, xtranormal videos, Storybirds, podcast etc and if I have enjoyed using these tools are learnt valuable lessons then so will students.

Teachers will have to keep up with the students when it comes to technology and I will aim to keep my ears open to new tools and try to make ICT an interesting valuable lesson for my students

1 comment:

  1. I think you are forgetting the Capstone assignment Michelle! Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Agreed, I was totally ignorant to what this course was to entail. It has been a real learning curve on ICT use. I thought it would be about smart boards etc, how wrong I was. I'm quite excited about using some of the tools learnt in the classroom as i think they could be really engaging.

    ReplyDelete